When searching for the best wrinkle cream it is important to remember that the effectiveness of a given cream will depend on a number of factors. It will depend on the specific ingredients used, your skin type, how deep the wrinkles are and how long you use the product.
This guide will help you determine the right cream for your needs.
Things to Consider
In case you are simply worried about getting wrinkles down the road or if you have a limited amount of wrinkles, you should consider changing your lifestyle. There are a number of things you should consider doing, including:
- Protecting your skin from the sun since exposure to UV light tends to speed up the natural aging process of your skin.
- Only use products with built-in sunscreen protection to help protect your skin against UVA and UVB rays.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! It is important to moisturize your skin since when left to dry out, dry skin tends to shrivel plump skin cells thereby creating wrinkles and fine lines.
- You might want to check your sleeping position. Sleeping with your face pressed against the pillow may increase your likelihood of developing wrinkles early. Instead, you might want to sleep on your back or side.
- Give up smoking if you were fond of smoking and if you were thinking of starting to smoke-DON’T! Smoking narrows the blood vessels in the outmost layer of your skin in addition to damaging collagen and elastin in the skin. As a result, your skin will sag and wrinkle prematurely.
- If you are found of squinting, practice NOT squinting as this can result in the early appearance of facial wrinkles.
- Pay close attention to your hydration and nutrition. Drink plenty of water to keep your body well hydrated and ensure that your diet comprises of mainly fresh fruits and vegetables.
Top 10 Wrinkle Creams Comparison Table
Common Ingredients in Wrinkle Creams
The ingredients in the best wrinkle cream may determine how effective it is. This is why it is important to understand the common ingredients in wrinkle creams.
- Retinol. Which is a vitamin A compound is a powerful antioxidant that helps speed up cell renewal, smooth fine lines and wrinkles in addition to reducing sagging skin and fighting dark eye circles. In essence, it helps shield the skin from damaging effects of free radicals. You can use it as a preventive measure for early wrinkles.
- Vitamin C. Is a potent antioxidant that helps protect the skin from sun damage.
- Hydroxy Acids. Which are essential for ridding the skin of old, dead skin cells and stimulating the growth of new skin that is smooth and evenly pigmented.
- Coenzyme Q10. Which helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is also useful for shielding the skin from the damaging effects of the sun.
- Tea Extracts. Are powerful antioxidants with wonderful anti-inflammatory benefits. They are extracted from teas such as oolong tea, black tea and green tea of which green tea is the most commonly used in a number of wrinkle creams.
- Peptides. Which are common in a number of products targeted at healing wounds and stretch marks are now making their way in a number of wrinkle creams. When combined with copper-an important trace element found in every cell, they help stimulate the production of collagen thus reducing sagging skin and giving way to firm skin.
Tips to Help You Find Good Wrinkle Cream
The following tips will help you find the best wrinkle cream:
- Just because a wrinkle cream is expensive doesn’t mean it will work wonders. Go for affordable creams that are packed with essential ingredients to fight wrinkles.
- Go for creams that don’t contain mineral oil since mineral oil tends to clog pores. Much as mineral oil may help prevent wrinkles, it may cause blackheads or pimples.
- Choose creams with no scents or fragrances as they tend to cause skin irritations especially on sensitive skin.
- Choose products with natural ingredients.
Top 5 Best Wrinkle Cream Reviews
If you are looking for a cream that not only reduces fine lines and improves the look of wrinkles but also fights against sagging skin and improves skin smoothness then you should go for PURA D’OR Anti-Aging premium cream. This organic day and night cream feels luxurious and will help moisturize your skin. If you have dry skin; you will notice an improvement in moisture in a matter of weeks. This will in turn translate to a smoother skin. As for the wrinkles, this product is one of the best in the market to fight wrinkles.
The list of ingredients is impressive with most being certified organic such as rosemary oil, orange oil, lavender oil and Argan oil. The presence of oils such as lavender, rosemary and Argan make it a wonderful cream to apply on sensitive skin. In addition, it carries no fragrances.
It comes in a beautiful container that has an inner plastic top to help keep the cream off the lid. The cream has a light scent and readily absorbs into the skin.
Body Merry Retinol Cream Moisturizer is packed with 2.5% of Retinol-a special anti-aging ingredient found in a number of anti-aging products. This product helps moisturize and replenish the skin leaving it feeling smooth, looking radiant and overtime, cutting down on the wrinkles.
It is suitable for most skin types and can also be used as a night cream. Besides effectively addressing fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots on your skin, Body Merry Retinol Cream moisturizer does also help improve your skin tone. With it, you get a product that beautifully combines serum and moisturizer to not only help minimize breakouts but also nourish your skin.
As a tip, if you find that you are one of those people whose skin gets irritated when you apply retinol then you should consider using this product every other day as opposed to everyday. Be sure to apply a good sunscreen over the product if you are to avoid sun damage.
Only natural and organic products such as jojoba oil, plant derived Hyaluronic Acid and Shea Butter are used in making this product. This way, you don’t have to worry about harmful chemicals touching your precious skin.
Baebody Retinol Moisturizer cream for face and eye area is packed with 2.5% active retinol- a wonderful anti-aging ingredient. This product will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth with a beautiful glow. Most importantly, it will help reduce signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and uneven skin tone.
Its ingredients are 71% organic with essential ingredients such as Shea butter, jojoba oil, wild-crafted green tea and plant derived Hyaluronic Acid. You can use this moisturizer both during day and night to get the best results.
It has a wonderful scent and absorbs well when applied to the skin. You have to be patient if you want to see visible results- you might have to wait 3-6 months before you can enjoy the positive results of using retinol-the active ingredient in this product!
Retinol Moisturizer cream for face-Miracle by Radha Beauty is another wonderful day and night cream to help fight wrinkles and fine lines. This product is packed with 71% organic nutrients such as green tea, organic Aloe, Jojoba oil and Shea Butter to give you peace of mind.
Retinol Moisturizer cream for face-Miracle by Radha Beauty not only helps fight wrinkles and fine lines but also helps moisturize and hydrate the skin. It is suitable for dry skin thanks to its impressive moisturizing capabilities although other skin types can also benefit from the active ingredient (Retinol) to fight signs of aging.
This product comes with no fillers, dyes, parabens or harmful fragrances and will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth with a beautiful glow. This is a 3-in-1 moisturizer that not only helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles but also helps even and brightens the skin tone while at the same time unclogging pores.
As with any product containing Retinol as an active ingredient, it is important to use UV protection in addition to avoiding excessive sun exposure.
Arts Naturals Enhanced Retinol Cream Moisturizer contains 100% natural ingredients which should remove any worry you might have about using the product. Ingredients used include Shea Butter, Organic Jojoba oil, Glycerin (Kosher Vegetable), Horsetail, Green Tea and Dandelion. It is efficient in combating signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines.
It suitable for sensitive skin and can be used on around the eye as well without worry about irritations or sensitivity. If you have a problem with bags under your eyes, you will appreciate having a product that can be effectively applied around the eyes as well.
Arts Naturals Enhanced Retinol Cream Moisturizer not only helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles but also helps increase circulation and healthy blood flow to leave you with younger-looking skin. You will appreciate this product if you have acne, psoriasis and a variety of other dry skin conditions. This is because it will help moisturize your skin and significantly reduce the appearance of such dry skin conditions.