Let’s be honest. We all want perfect skin. And yet, in spite of all the products and good habits we include in our routine, sometimes we still need something more to give our dull and tired skin a healthy glow.
A Vitamin C serum can rejuvenate your skin and fight against wrinkles. There’s just one small problem. You need a serum that has been well formulated to get the best results.
That is where we come into play. We’ve gathered all the information you need and looked at some of the top products to help you find the best vitamin C serum.
Things to Consider About Vitamin C Serums
Before we present you our top picks, let’s start by learning the things you need to consider when shopping for the best vitamin C serum for face.
- Pay Attention to Your Skin Type. Oily, sensitive, dry – which one are you? Before choosing any product that you plan on using on your face, you have to make sure it is made for your skin type because if not, it will only cause dryness or it will make you break out.
- Define Your Purpose. What do you want from a vitamin C serum? Are you looking for a healthy glow? Do you want it to be more moisturizing and help to hydrate your skin? Or maybe you are looking for some anti-aging effects. Depending on the result you are looking for, there are different concentrations of vitamin C used and different active ingredients that you need to get the best results.
Top 10 Vitamin C Serums Chart
If you are young and already have a beautiful, healthy skin but want to give it an extra glow, it can be quite difficult to choose the right product. Since you don’t have skin problems such as blemishes or wrinkles, the range of products you can choose from becomes even bigger. The task doesn’t get any easier even if you know what problems you need to fix, such as fine lines, acne, and so on. Regardless of your needs, pay attention to this information to buy the best vitamin C serum.
- Choose the Right Concentration. If you have never used a vitamin C serum before, then it’s best to start with a low concentration to see if it’s right for your skin. Look for serums or creams that contain around 10% of L-ascorbic acid and if that works good for you, move to 20%.
- Pay Attention to the Ingredients. Make sure the serum contains pure L-ascorbic acid in high percentage – more than 10%. For even better results, look for a product that is mixed with 5% pure vitamin E. On the other hand, stay away from serums that contain ascorbyl palmitate.
- pH Level. The pH level should be one of the most important information you need to pay attention to when trying to find the best vitamin C cream. This will tell you how acidic the product is (the lower the pH level, the more acidic the serum will be.) Don’t make the mistake of believing that you need a strong concentration to get amazing results. The ideal vitamin C serum should have a pH level of 3.5 (or lower, if possible.) Otherwise, it won’t penetrate your skin and it won’t be effective at all.
- Oil Based Serums vs. Water Based Serums. If you want a vitamin C serum that will give you a radiant glow, opt for water-based Not only that they are lighter than oil based one, but they penetrate the skin deep and are more efficient.
- Be Aware of the Packaging. A very important thing to know about vitamin C is that it can quickly degrade when it is exposed to air or light. Never buy a product that does not have an expiration date or comes from an unreliable manufacturer. Be aware of the fact that if your vitamin C serum oxidizes, not only it will become ineffective, but it can also damage your skin.
Top 5 Best Vitamin C Serum Reviews
This vitamin C serum from Amara Organics is the overall highest rated product regarding ingredients, L-ascorbic acid concentration, and pH levels.
With 20% vitamin C, you will get maximum results and achieve a healthy looking skin like never before. It is suitable for all skin types, and it will work wonders even if you have never tried a serum like this before.
Containing also Vitamin E, it will hydrate your skin leaving it smooth and glowy. The hyaluronic acid will help reduce wrinkles and fine lines. The trio combination is the best one you can find on the market, and it will also help brighten the skin, fade age spots, and even skin tone.
Use the product right after you have washed and cleaned your face and massage it into the skin. It will sink into your skin leaving no greasy or sticky residue.
This is definitely our favorite vitamin C serum and many others would agree that it is one of the best out there!
Although it has six ingredients, Cellex-C is one of the most efficient vitamin C serums you will find. Granted, it’s much pricier than the previous option, but it is worth every penny since its results are quick and visible. It will brighten your skin, it will enhance collagen synthesis and, most importantly, it will slow down the process of aging.
Due to its lightweight water-based formulation, Cellex-C will give your skin natural glow, without leaving your face greasy. Although it’s suitable for most skin type, it’s best to opt for a different product if you have sensitive skin.
All in all, Cellex-C is a great product that can do wonders for your skin.
Looking for a product that will make your skin look flawless? Look no further! With a balanced concentration of vitamin C, this serum can penetrate the deeper layers of the skin for quick and lasting results. A water-based serum, Naturalico will also get absorbed into the skin fast without leaving any sticky residues.
Besides the vitamin C, this product also contains vitamin E (which is great for hydrating the skin) and other ingredients with amazing benefits for the skin, such as organic rosehip and plant stem cells.
All in all, this product is a must have in your beauty routine, being both a preventive and a corrective product, but also having calming effects. If you have sensitive skin, this is the best vitamin C serum out there.
Looking back to the top ingredients, we can easily see that this one has them all. It has ingredients that will regenerate your skin, and ingredients that will keep it glowing and healthy.
One of the great advantages the Radha vitamin C serum has is that it neutralizes free radicals, leaving your skin looking radiant and youthful. It contains 20% vitamin C, which will stimulate collagen and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. More than that, it also contains vegan hyaluronic acid, to keep everything in place, on the long run.
Another great thing about this vitamin C serum is that it does not contain parabens or sulfates, so it’s appropriate for skin types. If you want to maximize its results, use it with a high-quality moisturizer.
Organic, effective, and affordable, this is a great product that can be used to treat a variety of problems.
Last but not least, the vitamin C serum by Serumtologie has the highest percent of vitamin C of all the products mentioned above – 22%. It has a smooth texture and quick absorption rate, being both a moisturizer and a primer at the same time. The best part is that you can benefit from professional results, at a very affordable price.
Being highly concentrated in pure Vitamin C will help you get rid of the lines and wrinkles that are bothering you in no time. With that being said, you should know that you will get faster results, by applying more of the vitamin on your skin.
The vitamin C serum by Serumtologie also comes in a blue bottle, which is perfect for protection against oxidation. It is suitable for all skin types, especially for sensitive, acne prone and aging skin. Pair it with your favorite moisturizer and never forget to use an SPF product to protect your skin from the sun, regardless of the season.