With new skin care products being introduced to women almost every fortnight, it can be difficult to keep up and understand what these ingredients can do for your skin. Peptides represent one of the most promising discoveries in the last few years that has caught our attention.
Just like you, we want to make sure our skin will remain firm and will look radiant and healthy even when we’re not into our prime years anymore. So, we’ve searched the web far and wide and tested various products to help you find the best peptide serum for your needs and skin type.
Keep reading to find out what peptides are, how they can benefit your skin, and how to find the right product for you.
Things to Consider About Pepside Serums
Not so fast! Before we present you our top pick, let’s make sure you understand what peptides are and how they work.
- Understand the Importance of Collagen. Before talking about peptides and their benefits, it is important to understand why you need peptides. As we age, our bodies produce less and less collagen, which allow wrinkles and crevices to form.
Besides aging, several factors such as stress or pollution can slow down collagen production. When the level of collagen is low, that is when peptides come in.
- Understanding Peptides. Peptides are a miracle for all the women out there, metaphorically speaking. But technically, they are a compound that has the same structure as proteins, an important element that plays a vital role in the beauty of your skin, nails, and hair.
With every application, this compound penetrates deep into your skin and slows down the aging process.
Aside from these effects, peptides stimulate collagen production and encourage skin renewal, regardless the age. If you use products that contain peptides constantly, you will notice that your fine lines will reduce and you will have a more youthful look.
Top 6 Peptide Serums Chart
Now that you have a better understanding of this miracle compound, let’s move into the nitty gritty of finding the best peptide serum for your needs.
- Types of Peptides. There are different types of peptides used in skin care products, but the most common two are:
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. This type of peptide is known for helping to firm the skin and keeping tissues structured. Also, it can reduce the signs of wrinkles and help erase fine lines. It is important to understand that to see any of the results mentioned above, you have to use the product for at least four weeks or more, depending on your skin type and age.
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7. This type of peptide helps reduce the inflammation in the skin and fights against problems that occur because of free radicals that damage the skin.
- Peptide Serums vs. Cream. Even though both peptide serums and cream have the same ingredients, it is important to understand that they may not have the same effect. While the cream will keep your skin moisturize, it may be too heavy, and it will not allow the important ingredients to penetrate the skin and work properly. On the other hand, serums will allow the peptides to absorb quickly into the skin with maximum effects.
- Pay Attention to Active Ingredients. If you want to get the best results, look for serums that also use ingredients that are known for stimulating collagen and healing the skin, such as vitamin E and hyaluronic acid.
Top 3 Best Peptide Serum Reviews
The Peptide Complex Serum by Eva Naturals is the overall highest rated product regarding performance and price. In addition to being an effective anti-aging product, this peptide serum is loaded with numerous natural healing agents, such as vitamin E and Aloe Vera. The vitamin E can help you treat scars, reduce skin damage, and fight against free radicals.
The Hazel and Jojoba oils will also make your skin feel soft, will brighten it and will help fade discolorations.
All natural, loaded with amazing ingredients, and affordable, this is, without a doubt, the best peptide serum for anyone.
This serum promises exceptional results and a totally renewed skin. Ingredients like hyaluronic acid and vitamin E help keep the skin moisturize, while the peptide complex helps to fight the wrinkles, fine lines, and other visible aging signs.
The ingredients work together to boost collagen production, soften the skin and moisturize it while fighting free radicals, the main cause of wrinkles.
All in all, the peptide complex serum by Foxbrim is a great product is you are new to peptides and what to see if they work for your skin.
This 98% natural, gluten free serum promises you a more firmly skin, with reduced wrinkles and fine lines. It can also do wonders for other problems, such as dryness, large pores, sun damage or scars.
You can apply it first thing in the morning after you wash and clean your face or before going to sleep, if you want to wake up with a more radiant skin.
To conclude, the Watts Beauty Peptide Firming Wrinkle Serum is a great product that will sit on your skin, nourishing it and protecting it from the harmful elements.