So, you’re looking for a moisturizer that can do more than hydrating your skin: you want sun protection, too. You don’t want to have sunburns or signs of premature aging.
If you thought that looking for a simple face moisturizer was a difficult task, wait until you add the SPF factor in. Not only that you need to look for the right product for your skin types and needs, but you also have to consider things as UVA vs. UVB or the right SPF spectrum.
We are here to make things easy for you. Keep on reading to find out how to find the best face moisturizer with SPF for you.
Consider This When Buying Face Moisturizers With SPF
Before you head into explaining the difference between UVA and UVB and why it’s important, here are some things you need to pay attention to when looking for the best SPF for face.
- Water/Sweat Resistance. When it comes to the right moisturizer, you’ll want it to offer you protection and resist during the day, not wipe right away at the first drops of sweat.
- Fragrance. Just as you, we are guilty of loving products that smell so good you want to eat them. However, we are aware of the fact that using products with perfume on our skin is not a great idea. Opt for moisturizers that have natural essences and a light perfume.
- Skin Type. If you want to maximize the benefits of your face moisturizer with SPF, make sure to choose the right product for your skin type. If you have oily skin, look for products that don’t leave a greasy residue; if your skin is dry and flaky, use a moisturizer that will keep your face hydrated throughout the day.
Top 10 Face Moisturizer with SPF Table
Understand SPF Protection
Here are some useful hints you need to know before you can start looking for the best face moisturizer with SPF.
- UVA Versus UVB. UVA (ultraviolet A) rays penetrate any environment, and they are the cause of premature aging. They get deeper into the skin than UVB (ultraviolet B) rays and damage your collagen cells. UVB is dangerous because it causes sunburns and might lead to skin cancer. The best face moisturizer with SPF ideally has a broad spectrum and protects you of both.
- SPF and UV Protection. There aren’t too many people that understand the connection between SPF and UV protection. SPF is the sun protection factor, and it varies between 2-100. You might get tricked into thinking that the difference between SPF 15 and 30 means it doubles the protection, but that’s not true. The SPF indicates up to what percentage the UVB rays are blocked. For instance, SPF 2 means that 50% UVB rays are blocked while SPF 15 equated to 93% rays blocked and so on. No product can provide 100% protection.
Top 3 Best Face Moisturizers with SPF Reviews
La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 is the overall highest rated face moisturizer with SPF for almost any skin type. Its light texture is great for oily skin while its balanced formula with zero parabens and no fragrance is perfect for those with sensitive skin.
One of the best things about this cream is that it can provide 24-hour protection, so you don’t have to reply it every two hours. However, its low spectrum SPF protection (15) is efficient only against short UVA rays, so if you want a broad spectrum, this might not be the best choice.
All in all is a great product from a brand that is dedicated to developing safe and effective products. If you are looking for the best face moisturizer from SPF, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX might just be the right choice for you.
While Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer won’t offer 24-hour protection like La Roche-Posay, it’s still a great product that deserves your attention. Its gentle formula can protect your skin for up to eight hours and has a long-lasting hydrating effect for the dry and sensitive skin.
This moisturizer has no fragrance or parabens, so you don’t have to worry about getting adverse skin reactions. Due to the light texture, your pores won’t get clogged, and your skin will be able to breathe.
You’ll love the fact that it is rich in vitamins and can provide your skin with the nutrients it needs in addition to protecting it from sun’s harmful rays.
In conclusion, While Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer is a great daily moisturizer that hydrates your skin and protects it throughout most of the day.
Unlike most moisturizers available on the market, the Jack Black Double Duty cream provides SPF 20. In other words, you will get a little extra sun rays protection compared to regular products.
This moisturizer can block both UVA and UVB rays and provide lasting hydration without making your skin feel oily or clogged. Due to its fragrance-fee formula packed with vitamins and antioxidants, the Double Duty Face Moisturizer is perfect for al skin types, from oily to sensitive.
All in all, this is a great product that will benefit your skin without breaking your budget. What else can you ask for a beauty product?