The best age spot remover should leave your skin feeling smooth and looking young minus age spots. It should help reduce the appearance of age spots, if not eliminate them all together. There are different ways to fight age spots and this guide will help you understand which the best option for you is.
Prevention is better than cure, which is why it is a good idea to fight age spots before they appear. You can do this by religiously applying sunscreen to your skin before moving or sitting under the sun. Ideally, the sunscreen you choose should have a sun protection factor (SPF) rating of at least 15. It should also contain UVB and UVA protection.
Top 10 Age Spot Removers Comparison Chart
What Are Age Spots?
Age spots are flat, black, brown or gray spots on the skin. They are sometimes called liver spots, solar lentigines, sun spots or senile lentigo.
What Causes Age Spots?
Age spots or liver spots are mainly caused by exposure to ultraviolet light from the sun. They occur as a result of excess production of melamin (skin pigment) and in addition to sun exposure, can result from skin aging.
What Are the Different Types of Treatment?
There are a number of age spot treatments including:
- Prescription medications in the form of bleaching creams that contain hydroquinone. Such medications can either be used alone or with retinols. Use of broad-spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection factor of at least 30 is highly recommended when using such treatments.
- Chemical peel which entails introducing an acid to the outer layer of the skin to rid you of old skin and introduce new skin in its place.
- Cryotherapy (freezing) which entails applying a freezing agent such as liquid nitrogen to the age spot in a bid to destroy the extra pigmentation.
- Laser and intense pulsed light therapy which involves the destruction of melanin-producing cells without damaging the skin’s surface.
- Dermabrasion which involves sanding or planning the skin surface with a rapidly rotating brush in a bid to remove the skin surface and reveal a new layer of skin.
- Home treatments which are technically over-the counter creams that are not as strong as prescription creams but which may get the job done depending on the ingredients in the cream.
- Rub retinol on your skin to fight age spots. Retinol is an anti-ager that not only fights wrinkles but also gets rid of hyper-pigmentation. It works in such a way that it keeps age spots from reaching their full maturity.
- You can also fight age spots with the help of a booster. Go for products that contain a chemical exfoliate such as salicylic acid or glycolic acid. Ensure that the glycolic acid in the over-the-counter peel you choose doesn’t exceed 10 percent if you don’t wish to damage your skin.
What to Look for in an Age Spot Remover
When searching for the best age spot remover, you should look out for ingredients such as glycolic acid, deoxyrbutin, hydroquinone, kojic acid or alpha hydroxyl acid.
Top 3 Best Age Spot Remover Reviews
If you are looking for a plant-based serum that will help hydrate your skin then you should try TruSkin Naturals. It is packed with natural ingredients that will help keep your skin smooth and radiant. It is packed with hyaluronic acid, witch hazel, aloe, green tea extra, glycerin and jojoba oil. It contains no parabens, GMO’s, phthalates, sulfates, mineral oil, petroleum or artificial colors and fragrances.
TruSkin Naturals Hyaluronic acid works in such a way that it neutralizes free radicals at molecular level thereby repairing age-related damage. Aging skin will be revitalized and essential nutrients will be introduced to the skin thereby giving it a beautiful glowing look.
This all-natural, non-oil based moisturizer is just what your skin needs to kick age spots! In addition, it will help hydrate your dry skin and help damaged skin.
Retinol Moisturizer Cream for face-Miracle by Radha Beauty contains 71% organic ingredients such as Green Tea, organic Aloe, Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil that help moisturize and hydrate dry skin. It contains no harmful fragrances, fillers, parabens or dyes. This moisturizer will help minimize signs of aging thereby leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
With every application to your skin, you skin will thank you by remaining healthy and hydrated. You don’t have to worry about over dispensing the moisturizer whenever you use it thanks to the unique dispensing feature it comes with.
You get no oily or greasy residue after use and with time, your skin tone will be evened out and soon your terrible age spots will be a thing of the past. This product is reasonably priced and goes a long way since you only need to apply only a pea-sized amount of this miracle moisturizer. As a plus, this moisturizer can be used as a day and night cream.
Kleem Organics Anti-aging Vitamin C serum for face is another wonderful age spot remover. With ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, ferulic acid, vitamins C and E, Jojoba Oil and Witch hazel, you get a product that is packed with useful ingredients to help make your skin radiant and beautiful. When applied to the skin, it gives off a faint orangey-smell and it doesn’t leave greasy feeling on the skin as it dries.
This age spot remover is great for normal to dry skin and contains 72% organic serum. It is also suitable for sensitive skin. It features a pump to make for easy application. It is lightweight and can be easily absorbed into the skin thereby leaving it feeling smooth and looking brighter. This fragrance-free product includes both vitamin C and E which work together to leave you with beautiful skin. It helps neutralize the damaging effects of free-radicals that contribute towards the appearance of dark spots and other skin-aging concerns on most people’s skins.